Weary

First of all, I ask you to keep Mel in your prayers today. I graduated with her from Glendale and she starts chemo for breast cancer at 11 this morning. To read her story, check out her blog - http://myfightagainstbreastcancer.blogspot.com.

Next, I ask you to pray for our family as we are growing weary in the job search. It has been over 10 months since we heard word that Mike's sales job had been cut and he was going down to part time. We have remained faithful through all of this but as we approach that one year mark, it is getting harder and harder. Please pray for strength through the journey and that a decent job will come along very soon. Also, pray that we will know clearly if we are to leave Springfield. I still feel we are supposed to remain here for the time, but Mike is seeing several job openings in his field outside of Springfield. I pray that we both feel the same way and aren't going in opposite directions.

As much as we don't want to admit it, this journey has affected our family deeply. In some ways it has been good because it has forced us to be together more and be on our knees to God. In other ways it has been way too stressful. I don't notice the stress everyday but I do see that I get frustrated with things much quicker than I used to and I know that is from stress. We appreciate your prayers and know they are working as we have seen many cool things happen over the past 10+ months but we ask that you take those prayers to the next level.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - My Random Thoughts - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template