Sleep Update

Thank you to everyone who is praying for us over the sleep issues. We did some research and came up with a few tips to work on getting him back in his own bed. First, we have moved his bedtime up. We were starting the nighttime routine about 7:30 but we are now starting at 6:45. We read in several places that the average toddler goes to bed between 6:30 and 7:30 and if wait much more, it won't be until much later because they have caught their second wind. Since doing this, it has still been a 2-3 hour fight, but he is going to bed a little earlier, therefore getting more much needed sleep.

The next thing we did was pull out the sleeping bag. It took a few tries, but he slept Sunday and Monday night in the sleeping bag next to our bed. It was wonderful to finally get some sleep without getting kicked all night. Last night, after fighting him for about an hour, I put him straight in the sleeping bag. Mike and I laid in bed acting like we were sleeping to until he was out. We then slipped out of bed quietly and went to the living room to watch TV for some much needed down time. When we came back, he was in a deep sleep. Mike picked Samuel up and took him to his own bed. Samuel slept the rest of the night in his bed!!!! I won't say we are over this hump, but I will say we are making tremendous progress. When we tried to move him the last few weeks, no matter how deep a sleep he was in, he still would tell us "no". Please continue your prayers as we work through this sleeping battle.

On another note, I'm going to work harder at updating this blog more often. With Mike traveling and in school and then starting my other blog, I've been way to busy to keep up with life. I'm finding I really enjoy blogging though so I'm making some time a few days a week to work on this blog.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - My Random Thoughts - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template