This picture shows the first of the carpet being taken up. Mike and I moved all of the furniture and pulled up the carpet last night. Once Samuel went to bed, we then pulled up the tack strips and the staples in the floor.
This final picture is what Samuel was doing while we were removing the carpet. He climbed up on the counter and had a blast helping himself to the snack cabinet and rearranging my spices. He is climbing off the counter here since he realized he had been caught.
As of now (Sat. night) we have the living room floor down and all of the furniture for that room moved back. We still have the kitchen, dining room, and hallways to finish. That part should go much faster though because all of the demo is done. The longest part was getting up the nine tiles by our front door. It took 3 hours to get 9 tiles up! The tiles were cheap and scratched easily but they were secured down very well. I will post pictures in the next few days of the finish project but I would like to get it all down first.
1 comments:
I have no idea why the pictures and comments are posting how they should be but I'm too tired to figure out the html tonight.
Post a Comment