This is the weekend I have been waiting for - garage sale weekend. Mike's parents came down this weekend and we hit the Nixa community sale. I didn't find near as much as I expected to but I had a blast and a much needed break from everything. The shopping actually started Thurs. night. Our friend, Becky, closed down her daycare and sold off as much as she could this weekend. She had a preview Thursday evening so we headed over there as soon as I got home from work. I came home with a Cozy Coupe (car for outside), several puzzles, lots of Hot Wheels, a few books, a potty chair, and a few other things. I could have bought more but I had no idea where I would put it.
I was on a mission for outdoor toys on Sat. and found none but I still had fun. Nana (Mike's mom) bought Samuel a few books, a toy to race his new Hot Wheels, and a Wiggles guitar. Samuel is having a blast playing with all of his new toys. It is like having a babysitter around because Samuel is spending a ton of time playing on his own. I know the newness will wear off but I'm enjoying it for now. I came out of the sale with a few new books for me.
Mike's dad is the one who actually hit jackpot. He found some great deals on tools and stuff. The funny part is that he came along to entertain Samuel and maybe find a thing or two. Our van was loaded with his purchases instead of ours but we all still had a lot of fun. Unfortunately, rain came about 11:45 and we called it a day at that point. Mike was in a Nuclear Medicine conference all morning so we headed back to town to meet him for lunch. I think I will put the Nixa sale on my calendar for new year because even though the town was very crowded, it made for a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment