Mmmm....Peanuts

I think Samuel has a new favorite place to eat. I've had a long week at work (anyone know of a great PT job that is open?) and Mike had guys night out tonight, so mom and dad took me out to dinner. It is Thursday, which means it is mexican night for my parents, but they ventured out of their rut and we went to Logan's. There was a 20 minute wait and we figured that would be miserable with Samuel. It turns out the peanuts were more than enough entertainment. He discovered he could reach the peanuts in the big cart in the waiting area so he would get one at a time and bring it to grandpa. Sometimes he would be nice and let grammy and mommy have one too but mostly they were for grandpa to open and Samuel to eat. Once we sat down they served warm rolls and Samuel thought they were all for him. He inherited his mommy's love of butter and began dipping the rolls in butter. Then he realized the peanuts were on the table too so started eating them as fast as grandpa could open them. Yes, my son had rolls and peanuts for dinner (don't even ask about his breakfast). Just to make mommy feel a little better about his "healthy" meal, as we were finishing he reached into my salad bowl and ate a tomato piece (he has never eaten one before so this was a nice surprise). I think I have discovered my new bribe - shelled peanuts. His belly was so full when we left but he was a very happy boy.

1 comments:

Hilary said...

Cute story, Julie. I will have to remember that for Zachary. What age was it when you introduced Samuel to peanuts? We have not tried it yet? For some reason I fear a peanut allergy. Love your blog. Hilary

Copyright © 2008 - My Random Thoughts - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template