Several of you have asked how I can keep my groceries so low and still feed my family decent food. Many are afraid we are living on rice and beans (although if you listen to Dave Ramsey, you know this isn't a bad thing). I've decided to start posting my weekly menu so you can real food can be accomplished on a budget. This isn't the best week to start because we have a lot going on but I figure now or never.
Please keep in mind the Mike has a wheat allergy, Samuel has a rice allergy, and I'm lactose intolerant (although I can get by with a little dairy). These allergies semi limit my menus to not too much. Also, Mike is starting back to college this week after several years off so that changes things too. So, here goes:
Monday: dinner at church (thanks Apples of Gold ladies!)
Tuesday: chef salad - lettuce is from father-in-law's garden
Wednesday: McDonald's - I have to be at church early for Summer Arts Festival
Thursday: either more salad or crockpost something (Mike's first night of class)
Friday: Spaghetti or hamburgers (depends on the weather)
Saturday: Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, veggie
Breakfast most days is a bowl of cereal and some OJ but atleast once a week we have eggs, bacon, sausage, and/or pancakes. Lunch is usually leftovers, a sandwhich, or a frozen dinner. When I know I won't finish leftovers before they go bad, I freeze them in individual portions so that I always have a quick meal on hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment