Give Your Child a Hug

Samuel had a rare afternoon today of playing on his own. This never happens so I took a few moments to jump on Facebook and play Scrabulous. I added some friends from church last night so I decided to check out their Facebook pages first. I noticed they had a blog so I decided to check it out. This couple is on staff at our church and started trying to have a child shortly after we found out I was pregnant with Samuel. I had heard they were in the middle of an adoption since they were not able to have a child, but did not know any of the details. Their blog tells the details and I spent a good part of this afternoon reading the entire thing. It was moving to see their process over the past few years and it made me appreciate my child that much more. As soon as I finished reading, I gave Samuel a hug and spent some quality time with him. To read their moving story and see where they are in the journey, click here. Then, go give your child and husband an extra hug. We too often take for granted our children but we should daily thank God for this gift.

1 comments:

david santos said...

I loved this post and this blog.
Happy weekend

Copyright © 2008 - My Random Thoughts - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template