Every since Mike's hours got cut, it seems like everything in our house has been falling apart. The little things in life happen, but it always seems worse when you are trying to cut as many expenses as possible. Here are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head: tire slashed on our van in Nov. while it was sitting in our driveway, the keyboard on our laptop is dying (if there are typing errors in this blog, that is why) - battery isn't too far behind, my digital camera is dying even though it is less than 2 years old (there is a piece broken and it won't always open or shut due to this), our bank changed names for the 4th or 5th time and now they say I have to buy new checks and they are not offering me free complimentary ones, etc. I was thinking of all these things on my way home from work today and trying not to get down about it. Afterall, I'm healthy, have a wonderful family, and so far we are doing good. It is still hard though but I always try to look at the positive.
Well, we were getting Samuel ready for bed tonight and the phone rang. It was a friend who works in marketing also. She was organizing a focus group and Mike and I fit the demographic they were looking for. She had two spots left open and knew we could use the money. We get a free dinner and a decent amount of money for a few hours of our time. Mom and dad are keeping Samuel so we can do this. I feel this was God's way of saying that everything will be ok. Almost every time I've felt down, God has provided something to remind me He is there. I challenge you all to look today for way's God is taking care of you, and then thank Him for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment