Taco Pie


I made taco pie for the first time tonight and Mike actually ate it. He said it wasn't too bad and I could make it again but something was a little off and he couldn't figure it out. I don't think it was too bad since he ate 2 portions! Mike is just about the pickiest eater on the planet and it drives me crazy. Meal planning is so boring because he wants to eat the same thing everyday and I like variety. I'm adding this new recipe to our meal rotation and I think the part that was bothering him is the sour cream. I used what I had so it wasn't much, but I will try it next time without (atleast in part of it) and see if tha works. Following is the original recipe. I used lighter ingredients where possible and omitted the top layer of chips since Mike hates anything crunchy on top of his food.

Taco Pie
1 package crescent rolls
1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1/2 cup water
2 cups corn chips (Fritos) - crushed
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Brown hamburger and drain. Add taco seasoning and water. In an ungreased pie plate (casserole dish would work too), unroll crescent rolls and lay out to form a crust. Sprinkle with half of the corn chips and top with the meat. Spread sour cream on top, add remaining corn chips, and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

***This says ungreased pie plate but I am going to try Pam next time. It stuck a little in the middle and I think it is because I used reduced fat cresent rolls.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - My Random Thoughts - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template