Today is Mike and I's 4th anniversary. It is a momentous day because it is the first anniversary we have ever spent in the same city. Ok, we've been together on each anniversary, but only for a few minutes before I have to send him on his way to another state for work. I worked today and he was off but I was able to get away for lunch so we used a gift card and had a little alone time. It was nice to eat without a child or another family member (we greatly appreciate those meals too though).
Tonight isn't the exciting evening we should be having though. It started off with my parents coming over to help us move furniture so the drywaller could start his work this evening. Thanks mom and dad for your help. Then, as soon as mom and dad left, Mike began his homework. He had been working on it all day, but life kept getting in the way and it wasn't finished. As I type this, he is on the other computer doing his homework. As soon as he finishes an assignment, I proofread it while he works on the next. Normally, this could wait but we are going away for the weekend(!) and it is all due Sunday and Monday. The funny part about all of this is we are sitting on our bed, in the dark, typing. Every time we turn on a light or venture out of the room, our child decides it isn't bedtime anymore. Yep, very romantic.
We are both excited about the weekend though. We are using hotel points to stay in a nice hotel in Branson. I won passes to the Titanic off ozarksmoms.com so we have some free entertainment. Mostly though, we are looking forward to a few days of rest and relaxation. Most of you know that our child does not sleep. We spend about 2 hours every night getting him to sleep and then he is up before the sun every morning. We are looking forward to having a few nights without the battle and then getting to sleep in past 5:30ish each morning. We are also looking forward to eating a meal or two without a little one helping himself to our plate. It is amazing the little things you look forward to when you have a child. Of course, I also look forward to loving on my child once we get home. Being away for a few days makes me love and appreciate him that much more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment